Toyota Canada has garnered more recognition this year for long term value for its vehicles than any other auto manufacturer in the country. The company received 10 awards from ALG and seven from Canadian Black Book (CBB.) These latest wins come a few months after Vincentric named Toyota the Best Value Passenger Car Brand for the second straight time, with 12 specific vehicles notching individual awards.
These retained value awards are a demonstration of Toyota’s reputation for quality, dependability, reliability and longevity. They reinforce the value of owning Toyota vehicles, not only at the time of purchase, but also over years of ownership.
For this year’s awards, Canadian Black Book analyzed 2010 model year cars and trucks and determined the vehicles that retained the highest percentage of their original MSRP after four years.
For the Canadian Residual Value Awards from ALG, vehicles from the 2014 model year that are forecast to retain the highest percentage of MSRP over the next three years have been recognized.
“These prestigious awards are profoundly meaningful to Toyota Canada because they let our customers know that they can truly count on the superior lasting value of our high quality
cars and trucks,” said Larry Hutchinson, Vice President, Sales, Toyota Canada Inc.
The following Toyota and Lexus vehicles were CBB and ALG winners this year. Some vehicles have won awards in multiple consecutive years.
- Toyota Tundra – ALG five consecutive years and CBB five consecutive years (Fullsize Pickup)
- Toyota Tacoma – CBB five consecutive years (Small Pickup) and ALG four consecutive years (Midsize Pickup)
- Toyota Sequoia – CBB four consecutive years and ALG two consecutive years (Fullsize SUV)
- Toyota FJ Cruiser – CBB four consecutive year (Midsize SUV) and ALG four consecutive years (OffRoad Utility)
- Lexus GS Series – CBB three consecutive years (Luxury Car) and ALG two consecutive years (Premium Fullsize Car)
- Toyota Avalon – ALG two consecutive years and CBB this year (Fullsize Car)
- Toyota Prius – CBB two consecutive years (Compact Car)
- Toyota Prius c – ALG this year (Alternative Fuel Vehicle)
- Toyota Highlander – ALG this year (Midsize Utility: Three Row)
- Lexus RX – ALG this year (Premium Midsize Utility: Two Row)
- Lexus LX 570 – ALG this year (Premium Fullsize Utility)
Gateway Toyota Scion